JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing administrative duties and policy interpretation related to the management within the Enterprise Software Area. Key responsibilities include: developing Area goals and objectives, leading Associates through direct and subordinate managers and supervisors, reviewing software projects and coaching project managers, ensuring appropriate resources are provided, developing and implementing processes and procedures related to the Area activities, developing and administering Area budgets, conducting short and long range planning, and performing related work as required.
EXPECTATIONS: As an Associate of TQS, you are a part of a larger team ensuring business success. You work well with and respect all other Associates. You understand the impact of your work on others and the company as a whole. You expand your horizons in an ownership culture and seek opportunities across the company to learn and grow, and help others do the same. You provide high quality products and services within project timelines, always looking for ways to improve yourself as well as our products and services. You treat Associates and customers with respect and integrity in all your efforts.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other software development related degree. Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least ten years as a project manager with experience in management and supervisory principles and practices. At least five of those years’ experience in software development project management.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, implement, and monitor goals, objectives, processes, procedures and work standards for all Area projects.
• Implement TQS policies and applicable federal and state laws within the capability area, and recommend modifications to TQS policies.
• Monitor the Area daily operations to ensure that products and services are being provided efficiently, effectively and are of high quality; take corrective action as necessary.
• Personally handle the most difficult, sensitive or controversial issues for the Capability Area.
• Develop and monitor the Area’s budget; oversee profitability, cost effectiveness; facilitate cost control activities; prepare, submit and justify Area budget change requests to the COO/CEO.
• Plan, organize, administer, review, evaluate and provide constructive feedback of the work of each project team.
• Participate in the hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination of Area Associates.
• Participate in the assignment, professional development, coaching and work evaluation of Area Associates.
• Collaborate with other Area Leads and represents the Enterprise Software Area in meetings.
• Prioritize and allocate available Area resources; review and evaluate project product and service deliveries; implement improvements as necessary.
• Develop procedures and maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of Area activities; prepare a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, briefings and other materials.
• Assign and manage Associates across functional groups, e.g., project managers, software developers, testers, database administrators and trainers.
• Lead proposal efforts when appropriate
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Multiple software development methodologies, e.g., Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Object Oriented.
• All aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Understand and encourage the use of Software development best practices.
• Understand software development process improvement
• CMMI and how to implement process improvements
• Collect and analyze project and quality metrics; implement changes for improvement
• Contracting processes and procedures both US Government and industry
• Proposal writing and project planning, primarily in the software development and sustainment areas
• SBIR data rights and how to identify violations of SBIR data rights
• Overseeing the management of multiple software development teams and projects
• Supporting teams in the acquisition and reassignment of resources and personnel
• Manage and execute multiple significant projects; simultaneously communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Read, interpret and apply information from technical publications, manuals, DFARS and other documents.
• Provide advanced assistance and technical support to others in software and related services.
• Lift up to 45 pounds.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance.
• Must pass initial and random drug tests.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required in the performance of duties.